The Leoness is a bit of everything; fashion, fitness, food, facts, fiction, fright, fun, etc.

If you love anything I've posted or you have an effin rad lead- Please email me at: laleoness@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Free Jack-O-Lanterns


I love the magic of Halloween. The fear, the adrenaline, the wanting to experience a somewhat occult evening. I love Halloween; it's the perfect combination of:  costumes, candy, parties, candles, and mystery.

There is something so friendly about a freshly carved gruesome jack-o-lantern. His smile might be cynical, but the invitation to trick or treat is welcoming. I love the way a Jack-O-Lantern lights up the night, while still casting nervous shadows.


I live in an Apartment, and therefor get no trick-or-treaters. As much as I would love to carve a pumpkin I'm short on time, and don't really have the space. I've decided that just because I don't have the time or room for a giant Pumpkin mess does not mean that I should suffer through an unfestive Halloween.


I was at target over the weekend, and saw a few festive lights. My creative juices started flowing and I figured out a way to get the lighting of a Jack-O-Lantern sans the mess.

All You'll Need is:
Mason Jars
A Glue Gun
Colored Tissue Paper
Scissors
And A Non-Flame Candle


Decorate the Jars however you wish and enjoy, the not so spooky, illumination.




No comments:

Post a Comment