The Leoness is a bit of everything; fashion, fitness, food, facts, fiction, fright, fun, etc.

If you love anything I've posted or you have an effin rad lead- Please email me at: laleoness@gmail.com

Friday, October 28, 2011

An Old Fashioned Fetish

I have a tendency to throw myself into whatever my momentary infatuation may be. With Halloween around the corner, and my Halloween concept confirmed I am on a method actors high.

My TV has been locked on time period dramas. I'm on a Mad Men, Playboy Club, and Pan Am binge. The glamour of the mid 20th century is intoxicating. I'm going as a character from that genre, and in preparation I've been quenching my thirst with a modernized sugar free Old Fashioned (Old Fashions are believed to be the first cocktail ever served).  



An Old Fashioned is a cocktail that is made by muddling sugar with bitters, and then adding alcohol, and a citrus rind (or cherry). An Old Fashioned has been in fashion since the late 1880s. It's a potent beverage that is due for a come back. 

2 ounces Vodka
a dash of liquid stevia
a dash Peychaud's Bitters
a dash of orange bitters
and a cherry, or orange rind.

In a chilled old fashioned glass combine the stevia and the bitters. Add a couple ice cubes and the vodka. Give the beverage a quick stir, and serve with the maraschino cherry and or the citrus rind. 


Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment