The Leoness is a bit of everything; fashion, fitness, food, facts, fiction, fright, fun, etc.

If you love anything I've posted or you have an effin rad lead- Please email me at: laleoness@gmail.com

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Exhusted With a Fresh Face

College life is busy, there are a million and one things to do and an equal number of distraction. I'm quickly realizing that life is busy, and that there are always a million and one things to do with an equal amount of distractions. I'm grateful that college periods of high stress come in waves. Some weeks are busier than others (i.e.. mid terms, and finals). Having just survived midterms, I look like I have had a mad fight with my pillow that refused to allow me any Z's. 

As coincidence would have it, I was berating myself for my stressed-over face while flipping through the pages of Elle Magazine. The large copy "fast fixes," caught my attention and the subtitle " for when you look like you slept 20min," solidified my interest. 


Elle says the trick to beating the tired look is to de puff your face. An easy cheap way to beat the tired look is to grab an ice cube, and one teaspoon of freshly used coffee grinds. 


First slowly wet your face with the ice cube concentrating on the eyes. Then rub the coffee grinds onto to your face. The caffeine in the coffee stimulates the circulation, the diuretic properties help flush out any puffiness, and the rough texture of the grinds nicely exfoliates your skin.


I tried it. The grinds looked disgusting and smell disgusting. The coffee felt rough and dry on my face. It was not the most enjoyable face mask; however once I rinsed the grinds free my face felt smoother looked fresher, and was instantly brighter. 



I'm pretty stoked on this coffee grind face mask, after all Eco beauty is beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment