The Leoness is a bit of everything; fashion, fitness, food, facts, fiction, fright, fun, etc.

If you love anything I've posted or you have an effin rad lead- Please email me at: laleoness@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beauty: Coconut Oil Hair Rescue


Coconut Oil, is a beauty super supplement. The rich oil is not only great for cooking; but when applied directly to skin, hair, or nails the oil penetrates deep into the hair and skin cuticles to provide a rich moisture. Coconut oil is an amazing product that helps recover dry damaged hair. Coconut oil can be found at most grocery stores. Buy the big size. It may seem pricey, but you will get a ton of use out it. 

I like to do a hair mask, at least once a week. I sped a lot of time outdoors, breathing in the fresh mountain air. Fresh air is good for my soul, but not always as kind to my hair (or skin). Winter weather wreaks havoc on my locks; as does the changing seasons.  To fight weather damaged hair, I make a coconut oil rescue hair mask. 


Coconut Oil Hair Rescue Mask:

-1/4 cup Coconut Oil
-1 tbsp molasses
-1 tbsp honey
- a few drops of peppermint or eucalyptus essential oils

Both honey and molasses are both humectants; which means that they naturally attract and hold onto water molecules. The honey and the molasses when applied to the scalp helps hair retain moisture; which aids hair in achieving a healthy bounce. 

Eucalyptus and peppermint oils, both have a calming effect. They are favored essential oils for the treatment of head aches. Adding a few drops of each or either will give you that zen feeling.




In a small bowl combine all the ingredients. Apply to hair, before you plan on showering. I usually like to mask my hair right after a workout. Once you have the mask applies, cover it with a shower cap, or re-use a plastic bag to wrap hair up. Let the mask sit for 15-20 minutes. 

Love, your beautiful hair!

1 comment: