The Leoness is a bit of everything; fashion, fitness, food, facts, fiction, fright, fun, etc.

If you love anything I've posted or you have an effin rad lead- Please email me at: laleoness@gmail.com

Friday, December 23, 2011

Ice Wine Martini

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, and my dreams of a white Christmas will be realized. I have plans to shred the slopes, with my family and my friends. I worked at this Mexican restaurant in Banff, The Magpie And Stump, for a few years when I was home for holidays. The Magpie has a great atmosphere and was an amazing place to work. Going to work, was awesome, I would get to hangout with my friends all day.

Two Christmas ago, on the office door of the Magpie was a cartoon of two ladies chilling and drinking wine. The caption said, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, but I will settle for Red." I thought it was cute.


At my favorite restaurant in Spokane, Mizuna's, the drink menu has some pretty fancy and unique cocktails. My favorite is: "The Ice Wine Martini."


In a shaker with ice combine:
Two ounces Ice Wine
One ounce vodka

Pour into a chilled martini glass, and garnish with a frozen grape.

Ice Wine, is a sweet dessert wine that is hard to drink on its own, however cutting it with vodka makes for a very tasty and seasonally appropriate holiday martini.





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment