The Leoness is a bit of everything; fashion, fitness, food, facts, fiction, fright, fun, etc.

If you love anything I've posted or you have an effin rad lead- Please email me at: laleoness@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Perfect gift...

How do you buy a gift for the person who seems to have everything, the oh-so picky friend, or the in laws that you don't know to well?


You think simple and functional; like a nice wine opener or bottle stopper. A small appliance that is easy to use, and can help with holiday entertaining. This gift idea is especially appreciated by the party hosts.



You avoid brightly colored and overly patterned gifts; aim for functionality over trend. Look for an item with clean lines.

You aim high, impress your gift recipients with a present that looks more expensive than it is. Like a carved rock candle holder or glass blown crushed wine bottle cheese plate. The functionality of the gift is high, and the design is unique enough to showcase your personal style without being loud.

You downsize the quantity of your gift and upscale the personal quality of the present. Make each gift unique. I love thrift stores and vintage shops because I can often find unique,"one of a kind" presents for all of my friends and family.





And if I'm playing my "social cards" right, I will be able to refresh my party notes to pick up a gift that is perfect. Like a fancy tea-cup candle for tea lover, or a personalized travel mug with hand warmers for the winter enthusiast.


Gifting is easy, if you take notes, and think simple. 
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment