The Leoness is a bit of everything; fashion, fitness, food, facts, fiction, fright, fun, etc.

If you love anything I've posted or you have an effin rad lead- Please email me at: laleoness@gmail.com

Thursday, September 8, 2011

WORLDS Largest Zucchini

I spent labour day weekend in The Columbia Valley. It was beautiful. I saw Dave Mathews at The Gorge- and tanned (fried like a piece of bacon) by the water in Crescent Bar. The most beautiful thing about central Washington is the abundance of fruit and vegetable stands. I fell in love with White Tail produce in Quincy. The market sells wonderful in season garden treats, milk, eggs, and homemade sweets. Summer has been late this year- So we are fortunate enough to still be getting summer goodies. 


Once, i realized that i had been burnt enough we drove up to Leavenworth WA. On route- I adopted the worlds largest zucchini. Seriously the zuch is so large, I could dress it up and tote it around as a passable toddler. 


Look at it! The watermelon is completely dwarfed by the monster zuch- which has already been sliced into.    Since i now have an over abundance of zucchini- I'm on creative cooking mission. I made spicy Zucchini bread today-

2 tbsp ground flax seed mixed into 1/2 cup warm milk ( I use Soy)
1/4 jalapeno infused olive oil. 
1/4 olive oil ( if you don't have jalapeno oil use 1/2 olive oil and cut up 1 small jalapeno to mix in)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup cane sugar
2 mushed up bananas

Mix these ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth. Preheat you oven to 375.

Shred 2 cups of zucchini and add 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno peppers

Mix the zucchini into your wet mixture.

in a separate bowl combine:

2 cups whole wheat flour 
1 cup spelt flour (or any flour of your choice)
1tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp coco powder
1 tbsp allspice
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt


Mix the dry to the wet until perfectly combined.  Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and bake for an hour. 
ENJOY





1 comment:

  1. I lurves it! I need to try this immediately. Must find zucchini

    ReplyDelete