The Leoness is a bit of everything; fashion, fitness, food, facts, fiction, fright, fun, etc.

If you love anything I've posted or you have an effin rad lead- Please email me at: laleoness@gmail.com

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Drink: Hot Chocolate


BRRRRR.....my whole body is chilled to the bone. The weather in Alberta dropped last night, thanks to an arctic storm and I am questioning my ability to defrost. With only one day left of school vacation, I was determined to go snowboarding. When I was young my favorite warm up treat was a hot chocolate with tons of whipped cream. 

I still love hot chocolate, but I find so many of the prepared hot chocolates way to sweet. I love to make hot chocolate at home. Where I can skinny it up, and make dairy free. 

What you need:


1 Cup soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, etc.
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon sugar or agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

In a small sauce pan combine all the ingredients and whisk together. Bring the mix to a rental boil and remove from the heat. This recipe is very easy to double. 


Serve in a big comfy mug, and enjoy by a fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment