The Leoness is a bit of everything; fashion, fitness, food, facts, fiction, fright, fun, etc.

If you love anything I've posted or you have an effin rad lead- Please email me at: laleoness@gmail.com

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Eat: Ginger Wasabi Tofu and Miso Salad

In honor of the lilac bloom, Spokane Hosts "Bloomsday," a 12 km (7.46 m) road race. Bloomsday is one of the largest road races in the world, accommodating 50,000 plus runners. Bloomsday 2012, is the 36th annual run. Today, I'm running Bloomsday for my 3rd time. I love Bloomsday! It is a riot. 

My goal is to run the entire race, no walking. I always get competitive with my self in race situation. My adrenalalin is already racing. I find it hard to eat before an event so my breakfast was light. After compition I'm always starved for protein. I've prepped my lunch and I am so motivated to come home and  enjoy a tasty ginger wasabi tofu salad! 


Wasabi Tofu & Glaze

 1/4 cup tamari (soy sauce) 
 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger 

 2 Tbsp. sesame oil 

 1/4 cup rice vinegar 

 1lb. extra-firm tofu, drained, and sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices 

 2 Tbsp. wasabi (japanese horseradish paste) 

 1/4 cup agave syrup

 2 Tbsp. shallots 

Preperations:
In a small bowl combine the: tamari, ginger, shallots, sesame oil and rice vinegar. 
Cut up the tofu into cutlets, and place them into a resealable container. Pour the marinade over the tofu, shake well and refrigerate for a few hours. 


Just before grilling, combine the agave syrup and the wasabi to create a tasty glaze. If the paste is too thick thin it with a dash of vinegar. 

Brush the glaze onto both sides of the tofu and grill until crisp/tender. 

Serve the Tofu with a spinach miso salad. 


 Miso Salad dressing 
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp miso paste
2 tbsp ginger (Fresh)
1/2 tsp wasabi
1 tsp sesame oil 
2 tbsp olive oil
 salt and peper to taste


Prep:
In a small bowl mix all the ingredients above well. 

Salad 
2 cups spinach
2 cup mixed greens
1 cup red onion chopped
1 cucumber sliced
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup sliced radishes
2 carrots shredded
1 large bell pepper sliced 

Prep:
In a large bowl toss the salad. 
Add the tofu, and slowly pour in the dressing. Toss well. 

-enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment