I love, love, love, ombre nails. The trend is both soft and funky. Ombre nails can be toned up or down depending on your mood and attire. I saw this nail idea in Glamour and had to give it a try.
DIY Ombre Nails
You will need:
2 nail polish colors (one light, and one darker).
Colors can complement or clash, (doesn't matter).
chip resistant top coat
A makeup sponge- (or any sponge that has a flat side.)
A plastic sheet (to mix the nail colors on, and to contain the mess)
Get The Look:
1. Paint your nails with the lighter of the nail colors, and wait for nails to dry completely. For a bolder look double coat each nail.
2. On a flat surface paint a liberal amount of both colors side by side on the plastic. (colors should be just touching)
3. Using the toothpick swirl the two colors together where the colors meet. This will be the graduation of color: mix to personal long/short preference.
4. Dab your sponge in the polish, and collect the color.
5. Dab the paint covered sponge directly onto your nails. Dab lightly and move it around slightly to cover the whole nail.
( Repeat this step as needed, just allow each layer to dry before re-sponging to prevent smudging.)
6. Add a layer or two of a topcoat, (the sponge makes the mani textured so you may want to even out the surface).
7. Clean up the excess nail polish around your finger using a cotton pad/ Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover.
...and enjoy your beautiful ombre mani!